Friday 29 June 2012

High Five for Friday!

Another link up with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk...

What a great week it's been - it's almost too hard to choose a top 5, but I dug deep and came up with these:

1/ My baby brother's graduation was fab and was followed by a delicious meal at Restaurant Mark Greenaway.
YUM. 
I'll share more next week...
Ben's main course looked almost too good to eat...

2/ I got to see my parents for the first time in aaaaaaaaaaages. Hurrah!
My father visited a local auction house and got me this:
Can you guess what's inside?
That's another treat that awaits you for next week...

3/ Good news: I'm cat-sitting Scoop's brother, Billy
Bad news: They DON'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS.
Makes me feel dizzy just typing that. Gulp.
Wee Billy looks a lot like his mother:
Ohmygoodness, it is HARD taking a picture of a black cat.
4/ You may or may not know that I have a thing for champagne, so I couldn't resist taking a picture of this sign I spotted on Broughton Street in Edinburgh:

5/ TWO out of my three babies pets had birthdays this week. 
F Sharp was 24 and Princess Poll was 11.  They got apples. They weren't that fussed.
Also, these photos prove that we have had ONE DAY'S SUNSHINE this week.
Hmmm.
Princess P showing off her Roman nose.
In human years she would be in her late 70's, I think.
An oldie but a fatty goodie.
So, that's about it: good food with my family, some sun (and horses), a cat, champagne, and a mysterious box. 
Standard week, really.

This weekend promises to be full of excitement, with Little L's pony day/ sleep-out-in-a-teepee birthday party, a trip to the Ceres Highland Games, and a screening of Ben's latest film project at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
Makes me exhausted just thinking about it...


2 comments:

Gesci said...

What a great week for your family (all species!)! Black animals are much harder to photograph, since the lens has a hard time picking up the light on them and they tend to flatten dimensionally in the camera. Boo. I am so excited about that case- I am OBSESSED with our local auction house. It's a sickness, really.
I can't wait for that post! Have a great weekend!

Ariel Tyler Henley said...

That kitty is sooo cute!