Thursday 5 July 2012

Milestones

Who would have thought it would be so difficult to blog without internet access?
Ha ha.
It's fun to play house but I am really missing being online - it's actually quite frightening how dependent I am on the internet and I have also realised how my brain has shrunk to the size of a pea and is incapable of retaining any information at all, useful or otherwise. 
I can't count the number of times I've thought 'oh, I'll just Google it' only to remember that I DON'T HAVE INTERNET.
Ugh.
So, I've snuck home to take up some precious bandwidth (is that even the correct thing to say?) and get my online fix.

Hi there.

For a blog that's supposed to be all about transitions, I write very little about transitioning (sorry about that) but recently I've played a part in other people's milestone events. 

Firstly came Small Fry's graduation. 
True to form it rained, but that didn't really dampen a day that celebrated my youngest brother's achievements as a scholar and general all-round pretty cool guy (sometimes). I've graduated 3 times [oh so modest] but there's something very special and really rather emotional about attending someone else's graduation ceremony:

Typically, B couldn't remember where he was supposed to be, what he was supposed to be doing, or where he was supposed to collect his gown...
This photo was taken 20 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start. 
The magnificent ceiling in McEwan Hall

The magic moment...
Erm...
World's least flattering photo?


The focus of excitement then moved on to Little L's eighth birthday party.
Imagine everything you could dream of as an 8 year old horse-mad little girl and then have that come true.
I was not jealous in the slightest. 
DPB, I hope that you have organised a teepee for my birthday and that my friends are coming with their ponies. Oh, and we should definitely roast marshmallows round a campfire.









Hopefully I'll sneak back tomorrow to get more of my internet fix post again!

1 comment:

Gesci said...

That's it; I'm crashing your birthday. Unless, of course, you've already been introduced to s'mores? My English friend who's married to an American has declared s'mores to be the best all-American treat out there, and they start with roasted marshmallows :)
Also, the little girl in me who STILL doesn't have a pony may hate Little L, just a little bit. NOT FAIR! :)