Friday 21 September 2012

High Five for Friday

I'm definitely with Eeyore when it comes to glass-half-empty outlooks on life 
(I know, how boring to be that person), 
so every time I think of things for H54F I feel like it's a step towards being more Tigger-like. 
(If you have no idea what I'm talking about, who are you? How can you not have read Winnie the Pooh??)
What a strange way to start a post.
Moving swiftly on...

1.

We had a great time at the wedding last weekend - 
what's not to love about seeing a blissfully happy couple tie the knot 
and getting the opportunity to sup on champagne all day long?
Plus, the wedding cake was actually just lots of teeny, tiny pavlovas set on a huge cake stand.
Winner.

2.
As I am now officially a cat lady, this made me laugh.
For the record, I really don't loathe males but my (male) students were always convinced that my questions about feminist theory automatically made me a man-hater.
Hmm. 

3.

Miss F. was sunbathing earlier today and refusing to get up despite my cajoling.
Eventually I resorted to trying to persuade her by gently pulling her up...
this little man stepped in to help me:
F was SUPER impressed with our efforts.
4.

The nights may be drawing in but the sunrise is always spectacular.

5.

I played my 94 (nearly 95) year-old grandfather at Scrabble and he absolutely beat me hollow.
I think that's pretty cool. 

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!



3 comments:

Miss Riss said...

I love your opening to this post!! Too funny! Gotta love Winnie the Pooh! =) have a fabulous Friday!!

Gesci said...

You do know that's a picture of you at the top, right?!?! I looked at this the other day on my phone, but I can't get it to log me in to comment, so I have quit trying from there. I love that having one cat has made you a "cat lady"- Polly and Fanta might disagree about that!!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I came over from Gesci's blog after seeing your comment(s) there - you made me laugh!! And here I am at your blog - and you made me laugh again. I love the way you write - I've signed up to follow.

I'm super-impressed your grandfather can beat you at Scrabble. Awesome!

Sarahx